Legionella can be confusing to comprehend. That's why we've written up an FAQ on the most common questions people ask about.
Determine if you need Legionella testing
Anyone who has access to water is susceptible to Legionella. All water systems should be risk assessed, including hot tubs, air-conditioning units, decorative fountains, nebulisers, humidifiers and more. Legionella risk assessment is a necessary service; the following business types are just a few examples of the many kinds of buildings that require testing:
· Care Homes & Nurseries
· General Practices, Dental Practices, Clinics & Medical Centres
· Tattoo Studios
· Beauty Salons & Spas
· Stores, Shopping Centres & Garden Centres
· Pubs, Restaurants & Social Clubs
· Factories & Warehouses
· Hotels, Leisure Centres & Gyms
· Schools & Community Centres
· Estate Agents & Landlords
Conduct a detailed risk assessment
The CQC (England), HIS (Scotland) and HIW (Wales) recommend we service your water systems and air-conditioning units every two years in-line with the HSE Approved Code of Practice. We strongly recommend having interim health checks annually, especially if your building faces any changes. When it comes to Legionnaires disease, you can never be too careful.
Our risk assessment includes:
· Full top-to-bottom building assessment
· Written reports with photographic evidence
· Full review and breakdown of your needs
· Documented action plan
Thorough water testing
The HSE states: "Hot water should be stored at temperatures above 50°C and no more than 60°C, whereas cold water should be stored at well below 20°C at all times." Specific requirements like these are important to avoid the risk of fatalities, which is why we offer a professional, government-approved safety service for your business.
Just ten bacterium per millilitre can be enough to cause a dangerous infection in a matter of weeks. Our experts will perform comprehensive microbiological and chemical analysis on your water systems to identify even the smallest amounts of bacteria in your water supply.
This testing is vital and will give you peace of mind year after year. Ensure your building’s water is clean and potentially save a life by getting a free quote today.
Monitoring your water systems
It is essential for every business to closely monitor all water systems to prevent Legionella from infecting the water supply. Legionella can quickly spread even after treatment. That’s why we offer a plan of action with steps to ensure that your water is kept free from harmful bacteria all year, every year.
Our expert service will perform the following steps to keep your water supply safe:
· Follow the L8 recommendation of a monthly monitoring service, including regular tests to maintain clean and healthy water systems
· Employ the best practices discretely to avoid unnecessary disruption for your business
· Accurate and comprehensive testing with state-of-the-art equipment
· Implement appropriate measures to maintain a minimal chance of Legionella bacteria occurring
· Work to industry quality standards so that your safety is guaranteed
Remember, at least one person will get seriously ill every day from unmonitored water. Call us for an instant quote so you can be a part of the solution, not the problem.
Interim health checks
Keeping on top of water monitoring allows your business to run smoothly, so we advise interim health checks to keep you cautious, compliant and content. We know your business is important, so we’ll arrange each check around your routine to be as non-intrusive as possible.
Avoid the health and safety stress with our interim monitoring, which includes:
· Temperature checks
· Water sampling
· Visual checks and maintenance program
· Remedial work completed
· Documentation checks on log book, schematic, written scheme and training logs
Now you know about our risk assessment services, it’s time to get a free quote – fill in a query form online or call us with any questions you may have.