This two day course ensures that attendees are capable of working in line with HSE legislation by teaching both theoretical and practical elements in a classroom environment.
The course training provides knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Dealing with illness and injury
- Dealing with an unconscious child (breathing or not breathing)
- How to prepare a First Aid Kit and how to not cross infect
- How to record and report incidents
- How to administer medication for those working in childcare
- Dealing with minor cuts, bruises, sickness, shock, choking and how to apply these techniques to an adult
Basic First Aid skills will also be picked up throughout the duration of training. Delegates must be over 18 years old to attend and will be assessed throughout the course to determine their practical skills. They will then need to pass a written test at the end of the course and, upon completion, gain a Paediatric First Aid certification valid for three years.