First Aid at Work
Course Length:3 days
This first aid course is designed to give you the skills and information required to be able to carry out first aid in the best possible manner. This course includes both theoretical and practical elements, so appropriate clothing is required as there will be tasks carried out on the floor, such as CPR. The course is fully compliant with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
What are the benefits of the course & how is it delivered?
The benefits of this course are that you will gain important skills that when called upon, could save someone’s life. Once you have completed the course, you will receive a certificate that is valid for 3 years. After that period, you will have to take a 2 day re-certification course once every 3 years. A 3 hour update yearly is also recommended. The course is delivered by trained professionals at numerous facilities nationwide, and can be provided at your own premises as a dedicated course as well.
What does this course cover?
- Assessing emergency situations and acting on them appropriately, for example emergency services
- Complete artificial ventilation and chest compressions task
- Placing a casualty into the recovery position, and learning when to use it
- Clearing any obstructed airway
- Controlling severe bleeding
- Recognise shock and respond by treating it
- Understanding of what is required in a first aid kit and how to report accidents in the workplace
- Recognising and treating major illnesses
- Dealing with scalds and burns
- Recognising and treating fractures
- Carrying out the responsibilities of a first aider, in a safe and responsible manner without risking yourself or a third party