- Full data removal
All information is wiped from equipment to IS5 data destruction standards
- Call us for an instant quote
A free quote is the perfect way to get to grips with our competitive services
- You won’t find a better price
We search nationwide for the best deal, saving you time and money
- Environmentally friendly
Our experts work with you to look after the environment
- Tailored to your business
We cater to the WEEE recycling needs of all sizes and types of businesses
- Reliable and secure
All equipment is transported securely and held in specialised facilities
To abide by the law, your business must follow the UK’s Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment and Regulations (WEEE). Direct365 can help – we know all about the requirements and can keep your business safe and compliant. We search for the best price on the market so you get the most competitive recycling deal without having to look around.
We offer a reliable and secure full data removal service in accordance with IS5 data destruction standards. Updated 2014 WEEE Regulations state that electrical waste cannot be mistaken as general waste due to the toxicity risk – this is why we operate in a fully environmentally friendly manner, so you can rest assured that you’re compliant.
Your electronics are safe with Direct365. Our contacts are flexible, our people are professional and our quotes are free – give us a call to find out more.
The WEEE Directive has many of different categories for classification of electrical waste. They are as follows:
- Large appliances – washers, fridges, cookers
- Small appliances – vacuum cleaners, irons, toasters, kettles
- IT equipment – Computers, printers, phones, calculators
- Consumer equipment – TVs, radios, stereo equipment, camcorders, musical instruments
- Lighting – Fluorescent tubes, lamps
- Electrical tools – Drills, saws, sewing machines
- Leisure and sports equipment – Exercise equipment, games consoles
- Medical devices – Dialysis machines, cardiology equipment.
- Safety monitoring equipment – Smoke detectors, thermostats, heating regulators
- Automatic dispensers – Hot drinks dispensers and ATMs
Keeping on top of the regulations and being forward thinking is what we do here at Direct365. Which is why are letting you know now that in January 2019, the categories defined for WEEE will be changing from what it is now to six categories. The six categories are:
- Temperature Exchange Equipment
- Screens, Monitors, and Equipment Containing Screens Having a Surface Area Greater than 100cm2
- Large Equipment
- Small Equipment
- Small IT and Telecommunication Equipment (No External Dimension More Than 50cm)
Check the full legislation to see what is included in those categories when they come into effect in 2019.
You can get your unneeded electrical equipment disposed of in a safe manner that's better for the environment with us. Give us a call or fill in a form to speak to one of our waste experts, who will assist you in getting the best service. Knowing what electrical waste you want to be recycled will help us find you the best provider to suit your needs.
Once we have found you a service that you are happy with, we will send you enough collection boxes to fit your old equipment in. A courier will come for the boxes at a date that suits you. For items that cannot go into a collection box, then we will make a note of it. This is to let courier know what needs picking up.
After the courier has collected your electrical waste, you will receive the paperwork to prove that you are compliant with the law.
When recycling old computers, the chances are that there is old data on them which could fall into the wrong hands. It’s important to ensure that any data is held in full accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Failure to do could lead to large fines, the current highest fine for data breaches is £500,000. This is set to rise with the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The fines under GDPR, which becomes law on the 25th May 2018, can go up to €20 million, or 4% of turnover, whichever is higher.
Our Electrical Recycling Service will ensure that any data on the computers is secure when we collect it. It stays secure until the recycling experts destroy it. Our service will destroy any data to HMG Infosec Standard 5, the UK data destruction standard.