PAT Testing (Portable Appliance Testing) is the process of testing electrical appliances to determine if they are fit to use. You would be surprised how many appliances aren’t safe.
Our experienced engineers will conduct a thorough examination of all relevant factors including:
- Signs of damage to both the supply cord (IEC lead) and appliance
- Switch functionality
- Correct fuse fitting and type
- Live, Neutral and Earth wire integrity
- Inspection of the plug and leads
We also provide you with full documentation so that you can prove your PAT test completion.
*Please note that we will be required to unplug appliances throughout the testing process, however we can provide out of hours testing at an extra cost. Call us today to find out more information.
Our service offers our customers world-class testing and maintenance. We offer all our customers world-class testing that is compliant with the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection. We do this by servicing all types of appliances in a large variety of categories:
- Portable Appliances (Less than 18kg with no carry handle)
- Moveable Equipment (Less than 18kg, not fixed)
- Hand Held Equipment (Hair dryers, drills, soldering irons)
- Stationary Equipment (Over 18kg with no carry handle)
- Fixed Equipment (Fastened to a surface e.g. Towel rails & heaters)
- Appliances / Equipment for building in (Equipment installed in an area such as cupboards)
- IT Equipment (Computers, printers, telephones)
- Extension Leads