Your Landlord Hub
How can Direct365 help Landlords?
Compliance to Health and Safety guidelines is a huge part of Landlord responsibilities. Rented property owners have a vast range of duties, from arranging regular safety checks to maintaining building facilities.
It can be hard to find a cost-effective provider to trust for the little and large jobs around your property – that’s we’re we come in! Direct365 compare accredited, professional suppliers nationwide to provide you with competitive and reliable services no matter where your properties are based. Discover more below.
Legionnaires’ disease is a fatal form of pneumonia caused by bacteria found in water. Legionella can contaminate any premises with water systems (including toilets, sinks and boilers), so a Landlord must put preventative measures in place.
Why should you get a Legionella check? Consider these key reasons:
- Ensure the safety of residents
- Keep water systems in healthy condition
- By aware of your premises’ risk factors
- Stay compliant to avoid fines
- Uphold the reputation of your premises
The Health & Safety at Work Act recommends a risk assessment on water systems at least every two years. Our LCA-certified engineers will tailor an action plan to your premises, to work with as little disruption as possible. Enquire online now or call 0808 163 9660 for a free, no obligation quote.
Under the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order, Landlords must keep fire safety facilities in working order. At Direct365, we offer services for fire hazard prevention, keeping premises compliant and safe.
- Fire alarms – alarms can deteriorate by collecting dirt, losing battery life or through general faults, so it’s crucial to get their condition checked on a regular basis
- Fire doors – vital to limit the spread of fire, smoke and toxic fumes, it’s recommended that these are tested every 12 months to assess wear and tear
- Fire risk assessment – understand the real risks of your premises and learn how to minimise them
- Fire extinguishers – these must be maintained and tested to ensure they’re working to legal standards and should be serviced at least once a year
- Emergency lighting – emergency lights need to be tested to British standards so they can be relied upon to lead people to safety
Your premises may be equipped with all these things, but when was the last time you had them checked? Do you know for certain that your safety systems are working properly, and could you prove this? For peace of mind, call 0808 163 9660 or enquire online and get your servicing sorted today.
A pest problem could wreak havoc in any house, apartment or flat. Hygienic and sanitary compliance is crucial in rented premises, so Landlords need to be especially cautious of rodents, insects, birds and other hazardous wildlife.
Pest control should be a routine practice to keep buildings clean and safe, avoid infestation and protect vulnerable residents. This doesn’t have to be a costly or time-consuming task; Our intelligent pest management ensures that your properties are up to scratch, using innovative, safe and cost-effective techniques. Chat with us about our services on 0808 163 9660 or enquire online for a no-obligation quote.
Electrical safety is one of the biggest elements of keeping a property safe. Faulty wiring in fixed or portable appliances can cause damage beyond recovery, from electric shock injuries to building fires.
As the property owner, it’s the Landlord duty to arrange legally compliant checks of the electrics included in the house, apartment or flat. That which you provide is that which you must upkeep.
Trust in our fixed wire, fixed appliance and portable appliance testing services to give you and your residents peace of mind. Our trained electricians will conduct a thorough safety assessment in one visit, providing minor repairs there and then. For a free quote, enquire online or call 0808 163 9660.
We provide plenty more services useful to Landlords, including:
- Washroom facilities – install water saving devices, automatic air fresheners and more
- Kitchen and fire duct cleaning – prevent fire risks by making sure your ducts are grease-free
- Waste Management – from shredding confidential files to renting out skips, we cover all sorts of waste disposal at the best price
- Cost-friendly supplies – our product range covers all necessities, from cleaning products to defibrillators